Skip to content
Installation and Configuration
- The Server component is available for both Windows and Linux.
- An install can be completed in less than 2 minutes.
- All communications are encrypted with AES 256 Bit Encryption.
- Windows Active Directory Authentication and Access Control.
- Kerberos Single-Signon.
- Windows Software is digitally signed.
Backup and High Availability
- Backup can be simply automated with your existing backup software.
- One-or-more geographically dispersed High Availability Servers can be deployed.
- TapeTrack is tested with 10 million tape volumes, and our largest customer has 3 million tapes.
- One single TapeTrack Server can provide tracking for an unlimited number of data centers around the world.
- Duplicate barcode support allows you to track multiple tapes with the same barcode in multiple data centers.
- Tape library integration allows your tape library to automatically scan tapes in and out, and run reconciliations to discover errant tapes.
- Barcode and RFID integration allows tapes to be scanned with 100% accuracy.
- Integration with backup software such as NetBackup. CommVault and TSM allow tapes to be automatically identified and cycled between sites.
- iOS and Android Apps allow you to scan tapes with your cell phone.
- Slack integration allows you to query tape status.
- Synchronize TapeTrack from your backup software automatically; add new tapes, set descriptions, move off-site and bring tapes back.
- Automatically send requests to your off-site storage vendor.
- Automatically reconcile your off-site and robot control libraries.
- Automatically set retention dates using Simple Management rules.
- Over 100 pre-configured reports.
- Reports can be generated in Text, CSV, PDF, HTML and Excel formats.
- Report options allow you to customize each report simply.
- View entire inventory in one report.
- Keep track of Stock Inventory levels.
- Automatically assign barcodes to new tapes.
- Enforce barcode formats for all new stock.
- Automate tasks.
- Drag-and-drop to move tapes.
- Cut-and-Paste to quickly add and select the tapes you want.
- Powerful real-time sorting and filtering display the information you need to see without having to run reports.
- Ability to scan tapes using a barcode scanner, iPhone or Android phone app and more.
- Set up TapeTrack to follow your tape handling processes.
- Enforce company format barcodes.
- Set custom barcode rules.
- Long barcode support.
- Hide inactive Customer, Media types and/or individual volumes.
- Automatically create and update disaster recovery strategies.
- Manually add or edit disaster recovery strategies.
- Recall a predefined list of Volumes in the event of data loss.
- Full chain of custody for all tapes.
- Comprehensive history records of tape movements.
- Alerts for errant tapes.
- Generate certificates for reconciliation results.
- Ability to transfer files to and from the server.
- Drag and drop or command line utilities to upload files.
- Access to uploaded files limited by user’s customer access.
- Set expiry dates for uploaded files.